Monday, July 6, 2009

Camp LuWiSoMo




Logan and I went to Kinder camp this year at Camp LuWiSoMo (the camp I went to as a kid up near Wautoma, WI), June 12-14th. It was so much fun! We had a campfire the first night we were there, along with canteen and a sing-a-long in the chapel! On Saturday we had a jam-packed day! We started off the day with a walk down to the lake then we ate eggs, bacon, scones and other fun breakfast foods in the mess hall. Then we all went into the chapel to sing praises. After that Logan and I played some volleyball, horseshoes and Frisbee golf with two of his councilors (Sasquatch and Muggles). Then down to the lake for some canoeing and paddle boating. Lunch was good and included chicken nuggets, veggies, potatoes and dessert! My dad met us up after lunch and hung out with us down by the lake. Logan swam and played games with the councilors, while my dad and I visited with each other! We had a bible study after that and my dad headed home. Then we tie died t-shirts and shot bow and arrow. Spaghetti for supper and then games in the field. Logan and I had a little down time then went down for sing-a-longs in the chapel. We each had a treat at canteen and then went down to the lake for campfire and sing a long again. Logan crashed Saturday night on the top bunk in our room! Sunday we went down to the lake again and found some minnows and a small fish. Then we ate breakfast in the mess hall and had chapel. The kids went on a hike with the councilors while the adults packed up the rooms. We had our sending off sing-a-long and back to Fort Atkinson we went! It was a great chance to spend some one-on-one time with Logan. I would do it again in a heartbeat!
Posted by Picasa

No comments: